With the recent Monitoring the Future Study release indicating that nearly one in three 12th graders reported using a vaping device in the past year, it’s imperative that parents are informed of the potential dangers that can result from vaping. Click on the link below ror more information:
Centura 2019/2020 Back to School details:
- 7th grade and new student orientation – Tuesday, August 13 6:00pm in High School gym
- There will NOT be a Back to School Boot Camp for students grades 8-12. Instead parents are invited to obtain the Back to School registration paperwork in one of three ways:
- by picking up a copy of the paperwork from the High School office during summer hours. (Monday-Thursday 8:30-3:30pm or Friday 8:30-noon)
- by clicking on the following link. https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1wKp-DjpzyZYmhau1jMlMuk8_zC9GKGL4?usp=sharing
- The documents that begin with the #1 are REQUIRED.
- The documents that begin with the #2 are REQUIRED for those participating in extracurricular activities.
- The documents that begin with the #3 are optional. Please review them for applicability to the needs of the students.
- The documents that begin with the #4 are information only.
- by picking up a copy of the paperwork from the High School office on Wednesday, August 14 from 4-7:30pm.
ALL required paperwork, lunch and computer usage fees can be turned into the High School office prior to Friday, August 16. Lunch prices for grades 7-12 is $2.85; Breakfast is $1.55 Computer usage fee is $20/quarter of $80 for the year.
Please note: A Centura Booster Club membership registration form is found in the #3 section. Membership dues must be paid separately to the Centura Booster Club.
Any questions can be directed to the High School office (308) 485-4465.
The 7th grade and new student orientation is scheduled for Tuesday, August 13 beginning at 6:00pm. This is a REQUIRED orientation for all incoming 7th grade and new students and will last approximately an hour.
Good afternoon! The DCB Juniors Baseball team will play in the District Finals game this evening at 5:00pm in Gibbon on the Legion Field. If you have time in your evening and want to enjoy a HOT evening at the ball park, please come cheer them on!
An evening session of Summer Weights will begin on Tuesday, July 9 at 6:00pm for students in incoming grades 7-12. The 7:00am session will continue for grades 9-12.
NEW Multi-sport camp opportunity for girls entering 3rd-8th grade! This camp will be on August 12th and 13th and will be run by the Centura high school volleyball and basketball programs with instruction provided by the coaches and high school players. This unique new format will allow girls to get training and instruction in BOTH sports BOTH days with this split session format!
Camp registration is due into either the elementary or high school office by August 1st to assure yourself a camp shirt. After August 1st, participants can still register/attend the camp dates, but will not be guaranteed a shirt.
Any questions please email: email@example.com
Centura Tough Summer Weights will begin on Monday, June 3. A High School and a Junior High Session is scheduled.
Students that are going to be in grades 9, 10, 11, 12 will start at 7:00am. Because new routines and techniques will be taught, the sessions will end around 8:30am. As the routines become known, the HS session will be approximately 60 minutes in duration.
Students that are going to be in grades 7 and 8 will start at 9:00am. Because new routines and techniques will be taught the sessions will end around 10:00am.
In both the HS and JH sessions, there will be two groups. One that is focused on speed agility and the other focused on becoming stronger. The groups will then rotate to the other group.
Participation in Summer Weights is not mandatory. However, Centura is very excited for the summer activities and hope that you will encourage your child to participate in as many of the Centura Tough Summer Weights opportunities as possible!
Centura will be hosting a meeting for parents of students in current grades 7-11 who will be doing Summer Weights on Wed, May 22 at 6pm.
The Centura-Central Valley softball team will be hosting a softball clinic on May 23rd at the Cairo North Ball field. The cost is $15. Current grades 3 through 5th will go from 9-11am and current grades 6-8th will go from 12:30pm-2:30pm. A sign-up form will be sent home to grades 3 through 6 and grades 7 and 8 can pick up a form in the High School office.
Centura Safe Prom will host a Sports Physical clinic for students currently in grades 8-11 on Wed, May 15 beginning at 2:30pm. The cost is $20. Parent permission is required.