How well do you know the Centura Cheer Team?
Little known facts….
– The girls are put thru an eight step try-out process with UNK judges.
– The new squad attends summer camp (most recently at UNK and performed at the Shrine Bowl), local parades and makes public appearances.
– The cheer program is self-funded.
– They have a fireworks stand in Grand Island to help cover expenses.
– Each year Centura attire is offered for purchase.
– The girls attend nearly 60 sporting events during the school year, as well as attend weekly practices.
– The Homecoming Parade was a tradition at Centura many years ago and has been revived led by the cheerleaders and cheer coaches.
– All gym posters are created by the girls.
– Special posters are made for any state bound teams or athletes.
– They produce dozens of locker tags for all sports, organizations and the senior class throughout the year.
– Each year a cheer camp is hosted for future cheerleaders, which is attended by 50+ girls.
– The Cheer Squad plans and conducts pep rallies.
– This year is marks the second year the girls will be performing at the State Cheer Competition.
– All the girls are personally involved in multiple activities! As evidenced by watching several of them go from cheering to playing in the band in one night.
* Emily Serr is a four year Cheerleader and currently a member of Lutheran Youth Fellowship, four year Band member, was the Centura representative for Harvest of Harmony and was the American Legion Girls State Representative.
* Brandy Friedrichsen is a member of NHS and involved in Cheer, Student Council, FFA, FBLA, Softball and Track. She’s also involved in 4-H, Youth Group and the Teens in the Driver’s Seat Advisory Board.
* Lizzi Lindell is on the Dance team, Band and Cheer – most of which happen the same night! She’s also involved with FBLA.
* Bailey Packer is involved in Cheer, Band, NHS, Speech, FBLA, Volleyball, Track and 4-H
* Sam Sokol is a member of Cheer, Band, Softball, One Act, Speech, Track, Trap, Destination Imagination, FFA, and Quiz Bowl.
* Amber Baldwin is another busy young lady, involved in Cheer, One Act, Volleyball, Speech, FBLA, Science Olympiad, Quiz Bowl, Student Council, Track, MYF and Bible Study.
* Breanna Fanta is involved in Cheer, Band, Speech, One Act, FBLA and Choir.
* Bella Kortz is a member of Cheer, Dance, Band, FFA, One Act and Youth Group.
Cheerleading goes so far beyond just cheering at the games. Together as a team, cheerleaders can use their voices to inspire the crowd to rally together! One person alone only sounds like noise, whereas a joint effort with clear intentions of yelling a single phrase together can impact the outcome of a game. So the next time you’re at a game… please take a moment to appreciate all the cheerleaders do for the teams, fans and our school.